Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Making Christmas Meaningful

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas here in our home.  The tubs of decorations have come down from the attic and my dining room looks like it exploded with greenery and bulbs!  "Lillybug" is running around saying everything is beautiful and making up words to Christmas songs that she personally wrote. (LOL).  It's funny how at about age three kids really get excited about Christmas.  Sadly, we know that it isn't because their first thought is remembering that Christmas is about Jesus Christ, it's about knowing that presents are coming.  

While I LOVE all of the decorating (I'll hang lights from anything), baking, and gift buying that is part of Christmas, I also know that it is my responsibility to carefully guide my children through this holiday season.  I love to plan fun ways to create anticipation over the true meaning of Christmas..Christ and that He was the greatest gift ever given. 

Many of the ideas that I plan to share this month are ones that I have used in the past with my children and have become traditions in our home!  I hope that you will enjoy them as much as we have.  Also, I will share new ideas and links to other sites as well. 
So let's get started...
Sharmin

No comments:

Post a Comment