Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Thanksgiving Fun For Kids

Every year I try to have some fun activities for us to do throughout the day on Thanksgiving.  With four children the day can get a little long with nothing to do.   I was looking around the blogosphere and found these really cute and quick ideas that perhaps you may enjoy with your family. 


These Pilgrim Hat cookies are super quick and easy.  The recipe can be found here.  I made these for my daughters Brownie Troop. Yum!

Oreo Cookie Turkeys
















I love using my children's handprints anytime I can.  Here are few Thanksgiving handprint ideas to inspire you!  
Handprint Pumpkin Pie 

Playdough Turkey Recipe

Handprint Turkey

 

I always like to emphasize with my children the real meaning of holidays and why we celebrate them.  Reading a book about Thanksgiving is always a good idea.  I personally enjoy listening to my children's hearts and hearing what they are truly Thankful for.  It is always a blessing to be reminded of how blessed I truly am. 


Thanksgiving Tree
Happy Thanksgiving,

Sharmin


1 comment: