Monday, March 5, 2012

February Wrap Up...Already?

Oh my! February has already come and gone.  As I was thinking about what to write about today, I thought that it would be a good idea to share the highlights of February 2012... before I forget them all!

We spent a day at Marbles Kids Museum. This was a lot of fun and really was a great kickoff to our track out.  They had a really awesome show over in Moneypalooza.  The basis of the show was about how we spend our money on goods and services.  It taught the kids about saving money, making wise choices with spending and making their money grow through saving.  It was very entertaining and educational.  I was so glad that we attended because Hannah was learning about money in school and it was a good springboard to our money review over track out.



Playing Hoops




Building with Legos
 
<><>
<> </>
</></> <><>
</></>
Surfs up!


Hannah and Laura


Lillian in the pet grooming station
 
Pizza Anyone!

February is a big birthday month for our household.  We began the month by celebrating Terry's birthday.  We all enjoyed this delicious white chocolate and raspberry filled cake from the bakery.  YUMMY!


  



 










On February 15th, Denver turned 2 and we celebrated with a M-I-C-K-E-Y MOUSE party.  This was a lot of fun for me making all of the Mickey mouse stuff.  I used my cricut and cut the mouse ears and number 2's for his cupcakes. He was really surprised when he woke up from his nap to see his highchair all decked out in true Mickey style.   Happy birthday to my precious baby boy!

The Birthday Boy aka "The Denvernator" he can destroy a room in 10 seconds flat!


Say Cheese!

Enjoying his Mickey Mouse shaped chicken nuggets and tator tots dinner.


The Mickey Mouse cupcake toppers.


The Party Animals! (doesn't Lillian look happy!)

 Next....

Stephen started Cub Scouts in December. (yes, I know I said February recap).   On February 29th he received his Bear badge, and belt loops and he was so proud.  He looked so handsome in his uniform that I had to grab this photo. I love this boy! 

Stephen showing us his cub scout salute

Well that's pretty much the highlights.  Oh, by the way, did I tell you that I lost my voice completely in February?  Well I did, and just in time for track out!  The funny thing is, I had been praying for God to equip me with a more gentle and quiet spirit and voice, especially over track out  (God just didn't make me this way, quiet that is) and in His humor, he quieted me for a week and a half.  I think He knew that this was the only way that me being quiet was ever going to happen!  You all know how the saying goes...be careful what you ask for, you just might get it.  Well I did!

Thank you Lord for your grace and humor in providing me with the perfect voice I needed over track out. Thank you for showing me that a quiet voice can be just as powerful as a loud one.  Thank you for giving me this blessing in disguise so that I could learn a simple lesson from you. 

Your daughter,
Sharmin





No comments:

Post a Comment