Monday, March 5, 2012

PROJECT SIMPLIFY: WEEK 1

Some of you may not know it but I love to clean and organize my home.  Yes, it is my love language that I express daily to my family.  Cleaning makes me giddy.  I'm not sure if it's the thrill of walking into a room and being able to walk and not step over or on things causing severe foot pain.  Or the smell of fresh lemons (I love Mrs. Meyers Lemon scented cleaner ), or having uninterrupted time to play my favorite music and do my thing! I don't know... Anyway,  keeping an orderly, not perfect (I have 4 children, please!) home to me expresses gratefulness for the time and possessions that God has provided for me.  Scripture says, "everything should be done in a fitting and orderly way" (1 Corinthians 14:40).  God is a God of order, which is evident in the awesome beauty and order of the universe.  As His daughter's, let's strive to reflect, a small portion of that order in our homes.  By doing so, we are showing thankfulness to God, and honor to our families.  

This month I have joined a challenge over at Simple Mom, called Project Simplify.  Don't we all need to do this...Simplify?  If you would like to join this challenge with me just leave me a comment letting me know that you are in the challenge. 

This is how it works:

For four Mondays, we'll all tackle a specific hot spot in our homes.  Then on Friday, I'll share before and after photos of my progress , and you will too. You can share on your own blog, and then link to it on my post.  If you don't have a blog, just send me your picture via email and I will post it.  My email is stayinginmylane@nc.rr.com

Everyone who participates that week will be entered  to win a small prize.  Hey, even if you don't win you still wind up with a cleaner, more decluttered home.  Who wouldn't want that!  Click on the week to be taken directly to the Simple Mom blog for more tips and inspiration.
The HOT SPOTS that we are going to be simplifying are....

Week of March 5: Kid's Stuff  (toys, clothes, and the like)
Week of March 12: Kitchen and or pantry
Week of March 19: Closets, Countertops, and Drawers (oh my!)
Week of March 26: Choose your own adventure ( pick your most needed hot spot)

FYI: You can tackle each hot spot the way that best suits you. If it feels overwhelming to tackle all of your kid's rooms, just do one room.  Or just do clothes.  Please do not stress yourself out, this is suppossed to be FUN and REWARDING. For our third hot spot you can feel free to focus on just one or two drawers or just a closet.  I'm flexible. 

Remember to SPREAD the word about Project Simplify.  Why? Because the more the merrier and it will also keep you accountable to participating.  I hope that you are excited to get a jump on your Spring Cleaning!

Blessings,

Sharmin

No comments:

Post a Comment