Monday, March 12, 2012

Project Simplify Week 1: The Reveal

Hi All!

Well I wanted to keep my word and reveal to you all the progress that I made on my kids stuff this week. Sorry that I wasn't able topost them on Friday, but my computer had other plans and decided that it would lock up on me, so I gave up for the weekend (ugh!)  Now, I want you to know that I didn't get all of the things done that I wanted to, but I did make some really good progress on two areas that needed my attention. 

The first area is the Playroom.  This room has many functions for our family.  It is where we relax, we learn, we play, and where I craft.  This room is heavily used on a daily basis. 

BEFORE:
This is a picture of my playroom last Monday.  I tend to let this room go over the weekend because the kids have a good time playing in there and it is just pointless to keep picking things up every 15 minutes. 


Kitchen, Train table,Toys, My Crafting area is right behind this


This is my classroom area


The bookshelfs and countertops are a mess and need to be reorganized.  There has been alot of paper shoving going on here!


AFTER

The counters have been cleared and wiped off.  Books have been returned to there proper place.  Two bags of paper have been thrown out.  Dried up markers and broken crayons are gone. 
My second area was my girls bedroom.  Let me just tell you.  Having two girls in a room is a trip!  There are so many little pieces to pick up from all of the toys that girls love (My Little Pony, Littlest Pet Shop). This room literally requires me to pray before entering.  I can clean it up and by the evening... well.  The first plan of action for this room was to change around the beds. I did not like this configuration at all.  The girls wanted to have their beds debunked, so I gave in and did it.

Closet area, notice the toy bin.  That is a project that I am still working on. Putting all the pieces back to their original bin.  I have a solution that I'll share, once I'm done.


AFTER
Moved the beds one on each wall, giving the girls there own side of the room.  Right now we have a contest going as to who can keep theirs the neatest.  I told them that the room fairy is going to come and visit, and she only leaves treats for clean and tidy rooms. 


So happy to have her own side of the room.  I'm happy that the window is no longer blocked! 







2 comments:

  1. Ah, nothing like re-org to make you feel like you have a fresh start! I did a bit of that myself yesterday too...not part of your challenge, but needed to be done and we are all so happy about it! I reminded the kids that the reason we are so satisfied when we see everything nice and organized is because we are created in God's image and he is a God of order! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok - WAY behind you ladies but today it starts. Except we have not only a house but a barn and garden shed to declutter as well, so it's gonna take a while. My goal: all 3 decluttered by Memorial Day. No specific order because it partly depends on weather as to whether we are tackling the house, the barn or the shed. Look out for a giant yard sale when we're through :) ! And hey, Sharmin and Leslie - how about ask me every once in a while how it's going so I'll have some accountability?!

    ReplyDelete